Easy Digital Downloads Support

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Easy Digital Downloads Support

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Devon Meerholz Devon Meerholz 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Devon Meerholz
    Devon Meerholz
    Participant

Hey man!
    Love the plugin! Integrates so well into the site and it’s been a pleasure.
    I have one query, however. Is there some way to allow a search within Easy Digital Download products?
    I’m running EDD and this is unable to search within uploaded products and, even more importantly, search contributors added via Front-End Submission – and EDD extension.
    Is there a setting I’m not seeing?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve just checked and I found one possible misconfiguration, but maybe it is intentional. On the General Options -> Behavior panel the Trigger search when Typing was turned OFF: https://i.imgur.com/LUwNsDP.png

When I turned on and typed “leopard”, then I got the desired results: https://i.imgur.com/MDyp5s2.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Devon Meerholz
    Devon Meerholz
    Participant

Hi Ernest!
    Thank you SO MUCH for the swift response! What a pleasure.
    Luckily the image search has always worked beautifully! The images have always been returned without an issue, but I am still struggling with searches for photographers specifically – so a search for a photographer’s name returns nothing: http://nostalgicafrica.com/wp/photographers/
    Any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi again!

I’m guessing photographers are users. The problem is that you are using an old version of the plugin (4.0) which does not support search in users yet. The current version (4.6) however does.

If you want, you can update your plugin to the newest version by following this guide. Please follow it carefully to make the transition smooth.

After that, you will be able to see a new option panel on the General Options -> User search, where you can activate searching for users (photographers).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Devon Meerholz
    Devon Meerholz
    Participant

Oooh…correct, the photographers are users or “contributors”.
    I’ll upgrade and let you know if that works!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Devon Meerholz
    Devon Meerholz
    Participant

Hi again Ernest!
    Hope you had an amazing weekend! I’ve followed your advice and upgraded to 4.6. I can see the USERS as an additional filtering option and it seems to pull through vendors. However, I keep getting a blank search result no matter what I try. I’ve included every search term and it keeps coming back with zero results. Also, since upgrading to 4.6, there’s a strange gap under the SEARCH ICON that I cannot get rid of?

Any help, as always, would be incredibly appreciated!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve found the problems. The lack of results was caused by a minor misconfiguration. On the general options, the index table engine was selected, however it is not configured. I changed it back to the default engine, and it is working now 🙂

Also, please note that on the non-ajax results page the user results will not show up (only in the ajax list). Currently wordpress does not allow to display other stuff as custom post types on the results list. I’m experimenting with a possible solution for the upcoming versions though, so it’s going to be possible sooner or later.

The white line was caused by a theme CSS rule. It was not visible on the previous version, because it used a different structure and more CSS. I fixed the problem by adding this custom CSS to the search settings:

.proinput {
         max-height: 30px;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Devon Meerholz
    Devon Meerholz
    Participant

Fantastic Ernest!
    I see it’s working like a boss now. Thank you so much for sorting this out for me – you’ve been amazing!
    And here’s hoping you can get that WP issue sorted with the Ajax results not being displayed.

Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.