Elementor Loading Icon Hidden Search Bar (+2 more questions)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Elementor Loading Icon Hidden Search Bar (+2 more questions)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    coadr93
    coadr93
    Participant

Hello.

I am using Ajax Search Pro and it is great.

I have 3 questions, but only the first one is really important.

1. I am using Ajax Search Pro with Elementor posts element.

However, I am only using dropdown filters, so the search bar is hidden.

After selecting a field in the dropdown, the Elementor becomes opacity 0.4, which is good… but not quite enough.

I want to show a loading icon somewhere… since the search bar is hidden, it is not visible.

Is it possible to show the loading icon somewhere else instead of the hidden search bar?

2. How can I make Ajax Search Pro run faster? I know there is a big search (over 900 reviews) but is there a way to make it run faster? Now it takes about 5 seconds to load results, I would like to take it to at least 3. Any tips to make it run faster?

3. I am also using https://www.dynamic.ooo/. It has an element called dynamic posts. When I add the class to it, it does turn 0.4 opacity like it would work… but it doesn’t. Any idea if you have compatibility with them? PS I also asked this question to the https://www.dynamic.ooo/ developers 🙂

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by coadr93 .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

1. I usually recommend a small custom code snippet, but this is a bit more complicated than that. It needs to be custom coded, but there is the plugin javascript API, that should help a bit with the proper event attachment.

2. This documentation will help you with that. In Elementor filter case the whole page needs to be loaded for the plugin to fetch the contents, so it very highly depends on the server response time, not as much on the overall search performance.

3. 3rd party widget may not work unfortuantely. The Elementor core posts widget uses certain hooks to give access the query, and if those hooks are not present (and they are usually not) in that other widget, then it will not work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.