empty results page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Medivacin47
    Medivacin47
    Participant

Hello Support Team,

I need help with the creation of the result page. The live search results work fine, however after “Return” nothing is displayed on the results page.

The search bar is placed in the header with ID 1
    [wd_asp id=1]

The search results page after Return:
    https://bio.nrw.de/search-results/

The shortcode used:
    [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to change the redirection URL to the regular results page. Redirecting to a custom page will not do anything at all, as WordPress handles the search results by default. If you wish to use a custom page for the results, currently there is only one possible solution by using Elementor Pro to build a custom results page.

If that does not work either, then try deactivating the search plugin to check if the results show up then. If not, then there might be some sort of a misconfiguration in the theme options or another issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Medivacin47
    Medivacin47
    Participant

So, I don’t need a Custom Results Page, I only created it because the default function didn’t work!

“…there might be some sort of a misconfiguration in the theme options or another issue.”
    Yes, it could be, but I can’t fix it. That’s why I asked you guys for help 😉

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The plugin does not change the layout of the results page unfortunately.

Sorry, I did not clarify myself. I logged in and deactivated the plugin temporarily, and then searched for “test”: https://i.imgur.com/i156NoX.png
    As you can see on the screenshot, the plugin is inactive, yet the results page is not working.
    That means, the plugin is not causing the problem, as it is not running in the first place. The issue is caused by something else. If you are using a theme editor of some sort, the results page template might be broken or not set. Try looking for something like results page archive, or results page template or something like that in the theme documentation.
    Unfortunately that is out of the scope of our plugin, you might need to ask the theme author about that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.