EMPTY SEARCH BAR FUNCTION

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When the search bar is empty, all 1500 items are offered to be shown which is important for us to avoid.

Is there any way not to show anything when the search bar is empty?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, of course. Change the number of characters to trigger the search to 1 or more here. That will do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Thank you for your kind response.

I’m also trying to have the results appear “in the order of best match”.

For example: Currently, when i enter ABC, result shows someting with AB in the first place and it follows with the second item that starts with BF (not sure why) and i find the ABC in the 6th place.

Kindly inform the setting that will show ABC in the first place and AB as second.

Thanks & Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Phrase “ABC” will never match something like “AB” or “BF” – that is not possible, the phrase must be contained somewhere (at least partially), but not the other way around (like the content words match the phrase partially). The match is somewhere else, like in a taxonomy term, custom field etc.. It can be a partial/fuzzy match too.

By default the results are ordered by the relevance, make sure to check that here. Then, you can try experimenting with more restrictive search logics. I also recommend using the index table engine for the best possible relevance matches.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.