"Enter" trigger for "go to first result" doesn't work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support "Enter" trigger for "go to first result" doesn't work

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Tyler Smith
    Robert Tyler Smith
    Participant

Hello! Love the plugin! Just have one small bug…when you set the trigger for the “enter” button to go to the first result, nothing happens. The same trigger for hitting the magnifying glass works fine, just not the enter button. The enter button triggers other than the “first result” one work as well! Please help as soon as you can – the client is waiting to push this live!

Once you are logged in to admin, you can see this happening on this private test page here: https://c2fo.com/search-test/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for all the details, it helps us a lot.

Interestingly, it works on the back-end, so I am not completely sure about the cause of the issue. It might be another script conflicting as well, I can’t tell for sure. Anyways, I think the easiest possible solution is to use a custom code, that will force a ‘magnifier click’ whenever the return key is pressed.

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Make sure to clear the site cache afterwards. This should hopefully fix the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Robert Tyler Smith
    Robert Tyler Smith
    Participant

Hmm, still isn’t working – I did notice if the user highlights an option with the cursor, then presses Enter, it’ll go to that selection, but the specific action of pressing enter with nothing highlighted just does nothing.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cannot see the script on the page output. Can you please check if it is placed in the correct file? Also, make sure to clear the page cache, in case you use any.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.