Home › Forums › Product Support Forums › Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support › Error 500 on making a search
This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko 11 months ago.
- May 3, 2022 at 10:34 pm #37710
This issue started appearing suddenly in last 2-3 days since my usage of the plugin in 2018.
1. Getting: “The request failed. Please check your Internet Connection: 500
Strangely I do not see the same issue at my Staging site which is 90% similar to the Live site. So I am providing a developer account with limited access to the live site. I do not currently have a developer but I can implement most of the changes by myself in case you guys identify the issue.
2. On mobile, the search popup is not appearing on taping the search button.May 4, 2022 at 1:40 pm #37714
1. It is a server side issue for sure, the most likely cause is a 3rd party plugin or the theme. The best course of action in this case is to disable all plugins one-by-one to see which may cause the conflict. Maybe cross-check with the staging server to see which plugins are not present there, and turn those off first. If you are using any custom codes related to any plugins, I would disable those as well just to be sure.
Unfortunately the error message does not include any further details, it is supressed. However wordpress should notify you via email if there was an error, with the exact error codes. If you have access to any of the server error logs or you can turn on the error reporting, that will surely tell what exactly is causing it.
2. I assume you are reffering to the search icon on the bottom of the screen – that is not added by our plugin, it is probably a theme feature. You may need to ask them about that.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.