Error message when trying to create first search name instance

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Error message when trying to create first search name instance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by straightup straightup 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    straightup
    straightup
    Participant

We just purchased this plugin and when trying to create our first search name instance we get this error

“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

Please help.

straightup
    straightup
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have checked the conflict and I was able to re-create as you described. The problem seems to be in the “PrintAura WooCommerce API” plugin.

It’s generated by lines 60-67 in the wp-content/plugins/printaura-woocommerce-api/printaura-woocommerce-api.php file:

if(isset($_GET['page']) && !isset($_GET['consumer_key']) && !isset($_GET['consumer_secret'])){
      $request_uri = explode("?",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
      $params_exp = explode("&",$request_uri[1]);
      foreach($params_exp as $param){
          $val = explode("=",$param);
          $_GET[$val[0]] = $val[1];
      }
    }

As far as I can see it is supposed to fix something with the page query parameter, however it does not account for backslashes. I’m not sure why these lines are neccesary, you might have to ask the developer for this.

Anyways, the solution seems to be to just comment those lines out like this:

if(isset($_GET['page']) && !isset($_GET['consumer_key']) && !isset($_GET['consumer_secret'])){
      $request_uri = explode("?",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
      $params_exp = explode("&",$request_uri[1]);
      foreach($params_exp as $param){
          $val = explode("=",$param);
          $_GET[$val[0]] = $val[1];
      }
    }

It does seem to work correctly after that, although I didn’t test the API plugin completely.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

After our conversation via mail I have investigated this issue further and found that by re-working the menu-slug structure, it will get around the problem.

I’m attaching a slightly modified version of the plugin to this reply. Please de-activate and uninstall the one you have now, and install this one instead.

To prevent further issues of this kind, I’m including this fix in the upcoming releases as well, so it should not reappear once the next update is out on codecanyon. I take compatibility related issues very seriously.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

straightup
    straightup
    Participant

Hi Ernest. Thanks for the email replies and your time. As you know from my emails, I would have preferred and appreciated a refund. All the best. Alex.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.