Error Notice regarding latest update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Error Notice regarding latest update

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Search has been functioning very well and fast to date as I have been adding content regulary – so will be taking the site LIVE this week. However, I received an update Error regarding the latest version of Ajax Search Pro (version 4.23.2) – and am concerned.
    The notification I received relates to:
    Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 123 of the file…/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/etc/indextable.class.php.
    Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required… /wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro//includes/classes/etc/synonyms.class.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear’)

Is there a reason for this happening? Perhaps you could take a look – so I can be sure all is OK before taking the site LIVE.

All my plugins are up to date – and WP is on latest version 6.0.2 and PHP version is 7.4.30 and Theme version is 1.1.18.

I hope you can help!
    Kind regards,
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

HI Sally,

The file the error message is coming from does not exist in the latest release (4.23.2), it was removed.
    Please uninstall the plugin, and install again, it will resolve the issue. If it was a one time thing, then maybe during the update a search query was made, and triggered the error, that would explain this perfectly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest – thanks for your speedy response! If I deactivate and then delete the plugin – before installing the new one, will that not lose all the settings, etc. with the new installation? I always just override the existing download with the new one. What procedure is best to use for each update? Tx

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No, you will not use your settings at all. Uninstalling will not clear them.

Overriding is fine too, but make sure to use the WordPress plugin manager for that, do not do it via FTP.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest – thanks for quick reply. I did what you requested and reinstalled the update again. It worked perfectly this time – and site search also working fine. Thanks – that solved the issue. I normally leave plugin as is – and then install over existing plugin. I haven’t used the WP plugin manager and don’t use FTP – and it seems to automatically replace the existing with latest version. Do you recommend that I delete existing version first, before loading new installations? I am a little bit confused now? But thanks – I am glad you could help resolve this error issue for me.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes – deleting (Deactivate -> Delete in plugin manager) then Installing (Upload -> Install -> Activate) the new version is the best way to update any plugin in my opinion. It clears up all the files first, recreates the plugin directory, and triggers the activation hooks. I have found, that simply uploading the new version and replacing it does not trigger some of the activation events – which is fine in most cases, but it is much better to have those triggered.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest – thank you so much for your time and help. I shall adopt that approach from now on – and then hopefully most issues will be resolved with that process going forward. Thanks again!
    Kind regards,
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.