Error when saving settings

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Error when saving settings

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jkmills
    jkmills
    Participant

I try to change settings in Frontend Search Settings, then click Save all tabs!
    It then shows an error page saying:
    Sorry, you have been blocked
    You are unable to access cf-prod.bluehost.com
    Cloudflare Ray ID: 86876f783b9977ae

I’ve been in touch with Bluehost but they say to get in touch with you.

I haven’t tried to disable other plugins.
    There is nothing in the error logs
    I can’t access the cloudflare logs as Bluehost hold the keys

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your cloudflare firewall blocked you, based on this message: Cloudflare Ray ID: 86876f783b9977ae

WIthout knowing any details about the nature of the block, there is not much I can do except experiment maybe. The proper solution here is to access the firewall and deal with the false positive by whitelisting it. They could easily do that via the ray ID.

If you want, you can add temporary FTP details and I could try reverse removing fields one by one in the code to see which one may trigger the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jkmills
    jkmills
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    I thought as much – but bluehost have been pretty poor in helping me access Cloudflare.
    They’ve updated some DNS settings – will see if it makes a difference.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It’s generally better to have your own Cloudflare access on your own domain/subdomain via cloudflare DNS, so BlueHost does not control that. False positives are quite common nowdays due to the massive amount of various threats.
    Cloudflare firewall is awesome though, you can even turn it off temporarily for development or for your IP – if you have access of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.