Error woocommerce no results for sku search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Error woocommerce no results for sku search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    boris
    boris
    Participant

Hi !
    we use your plugin on this website and I got a bug with the redirection page.
    If I search with normal terms all works fine. The dynamic list show well the results and if I click “enter” I’m well redirect to the woocommerce listing products.

The probleme is that I allow to search by sku the product. In the dynamic results it works fine but if I click “enter” I’m redirect to the listing products without no results…

I don’t understand why I get this problem…
    I hope you could help me on this.

Best regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Boris,

To get the same exact results make sure that the results page override feature is not enabled. That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

boris
    boris
    Participant

Hello Ernest !
    thank you for your reply. Indeed this option was activated.
    Unfortunately it dont resolve my issue.
    Therefore , if I disable the results override, when I search some terms I’m directly redirect to the product page… and not to the listing…

Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay I undestand now – that is actually a WooCommerce feature. When WooCommerce detects that there is only a single result, it automatically redirects to it.
    So the plugin redirects to the results page, then WooCommerce also redirects to the single result page, when there is only one result.

I believe that is possible to disable for WooCommerce, check this tutorial.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

boris
    boris
    Participant

Hi ernest !
    Ok thank you for your help ! I will look on it for the single redirect.

But for my first issue (the search by sku results), I dont understand why its not working… I well add the sku in the search source, also in the search table but it returns results only in dynamic panel not on the woocommerce listing page…

I dont undestand why but I follow this topic https://adambalee.com/search-wordpress-by-custom-fields-without-a-plugin/ and now it works…

Do you know why ?

Sincerely

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

When the search override feature is not active, then the search results page will display the default WooCommerce search results. Once you activate it, the plugin will try to force the same results there.
    The most likely reason it started working after that modification is, that without the override the WooCommerce query is modified with the SKU search, and registers the change. Generally it should work without that code if the override is active.

If there are still any issues, then you can add temporary back-end and FTP access and I will take a closer look.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.