Events Manager Pro 5.6.x and Related Post Pro 1.5

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Events Manager Pro 5.6.x and Related Post Pro 1.5

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Greetings,
    Apparently there is a compatibility problem between Events Manager Pro and Related Post Pro. I want to know if this is a known issue or is just me. I havent changed anything just update. With both plugins installed when I try to update or save a event if the backend I get a 500 error. I have WP v4.6.1.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m not aware of any compatibility issues yet, so I’m not sure. Can you check if the server error log, if there is anything in it?

Can you please update the ticket with temporary log-in and FTP details, so I can debug through the code a re-create the error? I don’t have a copy of Events manager Pro for testing unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ok!

By the way I don’t know if is just me but I receive the email notice (“[Support] Re: [Events Manager Pro 5.6.x and Related Post Pro 1.5]”) without parsing the html:
    <p>Hi!</p>
    <p>You have a new reply on your ticket! You can view it here: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/events-manager-pro-5-6-x-and-related-post-pro-1-5/#post-11370
    <br>
    Please do not reply to this email!</p>
    <br>
    <p>Best regards,<br>
    wp-dreams.com</p>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ohhh so sorry I’m having other kind of issues with other plugin XD so I mixed up both. Events Manager It’s actually a free plugin (I thought I had the Pro version): https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-manager/

I double checked the email issue directly in my webmail account and it’s the same when using thunderbird.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good news, I believe I have found the issue and the solution as well. For some reason, the metadata stored for the related posts pro plugin gets unserialized and corrupted, and returned as a string instead of an array. There might a filter or some sort of function doing it during the save process. I decided not to investigate it further, it would probably take hours, and the solution would be no different.

You will have to make a minor modification on the plugin code to resolve this. Open up the wp-content\plugins\related-posts-pro\backend\metaboxes\default-content.php and scroll to line 108, which is:

$rpp_data = get_post_meta( $post_id, 'rpp_data', true );

..just below that line put this:

if ( !is_array($rpp_data) )
       $rpp_data = array();

Save the file, and it’s done. This will reset the array in case of corruption. After the initial issue, this did not re-appear after, and the changes were saved correctly. I’m of course including this in the next release, so you don’t have to worry about it.

—–
    I’ve also investigated the email issue. I suspected the headers might be set to plain/text instead of text/html, but everything was fine. I’ve checked the final email headers as well. My guess is that some servers might require some additional headers or other information to correctly recieve HTML mails (?), I have no idea honestly. Instead I’ve decided to convert these mails to plain text, and skip the HTML overall. There is no need for it anyways, as there is no styling, no images, just simple text information. The notification mail for this ticket should be correctly parsed by your mail client, or at least I hope so.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.