Events

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mingis mingis 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mingis
    mingis
    Participant

Hi there,

How do you use the events feature? There is no information in the documentation (https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/behavior/triggering_events.html)

I would like to use events to track searches instead of pageviews in Google Analytics so we don’t artificially increase pageviews.

Many thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m working on that documentation part yet, but it’s a different topic.

Currently it’s hard coded as a pageview in the code, but you have an excellent point. I should probably add more options and make it possible to change the pageview type to an event. I honestly didn’t think of that when creating this feature.

I’m very close to releasing a minor update regarding a few bugfixes and such. I’m going to add a few more options to the Analytics panel before the release to make this change possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mingis
    mingis
    Participant

Thanks Ernest – events would be awesome!

In the meantime I’ve turned on Google Analytics Integration, but I can’t see any pageviews being fired and I can’t see anything in the documentation about Analytics options.

For example is a pageview fired with the ajax request, or is it only fired if the user hits the search button etc.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.