Exclude Catgories not populating all available/vanishing selection after submit

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude Catgories not populating all available/vanishing selection after submit

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AbsoluteCM
    AbsoluteCM
    Participant

sftp port: 2222

Hi there!

The category exclusion isn;t working, wherin it does not show all of the available categories (which are populated with posts) but once i choose some and save the form, they then vanish.

The way I’d like my form to work is:

– autocomplete from product tags (only one at the moment ‘happiness’)
    – search only product content
    – search only within the following categories: carved crystals, crystal tools, geodes, natural crystals, pendulums, showcase crystals, tumbled crystals.

Any help you can give with the category exclusion glitch is much appreciated, and if you could suggest a way to achieve the above even more so!

Thank you 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the proper ticket description and details!

The categories doesn’t vanish, if you look at the screenshot, a different taxonomy is selected. After saving it automatically switches back to the first taxonomy. If you select the “Product Categories” taxonomy then they will appear again.

As for the missing categories, these are indeed a “bug”, the category count is limited to 50 per taxonomy. The limit is used because some users had 10 000+ categories and the browser crashed when listing them. I’ve connected to your server via the sftp details and increased the limit programatically to 5000 per taxonomy. All the product categories should be visible now 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

AbsoluteCM
    AbsoluteCM
    Participant

Hi Ernest!

Thank you ever so much for fixing that issue.

I only have one other issue, the autocomplete is not working. I have it to autocomplete from tags but that doesn’t seem to work.

I could quite possibly be missing something, but would you be able to have a look? I haven’t altered any login details so you’ll still be able to access the site.

Kindest regards,
    Angel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Angel!

Sure, I found the problem. I guess you wanted product tags as suggestions, but unfortunately those are not the same as regular tags, they work a bit differently.
    Luckily you gave me sftp access and I was able to find a tiny modification to the code to change the regular tags to product tags. It should be working now 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AbsoluteCM
    AbsoluteCM
    Participant

Hi Ernest!

You are quite literally a legend, thank you so much!
    And thank you for such an extensive and excellent plugin!

Kindest regards,
    Angel 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words, You are welcome, it was my pleasure helping you!

If you want, you can rate the plugin on your codecanyon downloads page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.