Exclude of search results not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude of search results not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schm1eric
    schm1eric
    Participant

I am trying to setup the filtering of the search results as is outlined in your support, so that only items in a specific category are showing for different searches.
    For example, on this page – https://www.svl.com/condair-parts/ – I have a search box that is using the Ajax Search with the short code of [wd_asp id=5]. In the setup of this search, I have setup in the Advanced Options under the Exclude/Include results to Exclude any products with the category of ClimateMaster, and include any products with the category of Condair Parts (as well as any of the sub categories of Condair parts). But when I do a search on the page at https://www.svl.com/condair-parts/ for a “LonWorks Controller Card CXM” which is assigned to the ClimateMaster category, it still gets found and the user is taken to the page for the LonWorks Controller Card CXM. Is there something that I am doing wrong in the setup of the search results that isn’t excluding the categories of results that I have selected to exclude?

Thanks in advance for any ideas that you may have.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

The search override feature was disabled, that caused the problem. I turned it on, now it should be all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

schm1eric
    schm1eric
    Participant

Ernest – thanks. I really appreciate your awesome support.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.