Exclude posts doesn't work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude posts doesn't work

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by GBteam GBteam 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GBteam
    GBteam
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed a strange behavior, when I try to exclude some posts from the plugin parameters. See attachments, i set for example “Mister Minit” as excluded post, but it doesn’t seem to work well.

First example search, excluded posts are still visible :
    https://trouvezadole.fr/?s=cordonnerie&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=2667

Second example search, excluded posts are hidden :
    https://trouvezadole.fr/?s=mister&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=325

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I see correctly this is within an Elementor archive widget? If the settings are correct, then I suppose the archive widget may be ignoring it for some reason. Can you check the widget settings if there is a way to exclude items? Some Elementor widgets have a field to exclude elements, I suspect they might need to be added there in this case for some reason.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

GBteam
    GBteam
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I looked at the elementor model (see attachment) but there is no parameter to exclude items.
    Also, the result is different depending on the query (see my previous message), while the Elementor template is the same.
    Do you see an other reason ?

I can send to you credentials if you want.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, let me know the credentials. If you can please add FTP as well, I will try to see what is in the query. Thanks!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

GBteam
    GBteam
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The culprit of the issue seems to be the modifications in the “Modify search suggestions results using Ajax Search Lite” snippet. That changes the queries significantly – looks like that does not consider the exclusions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

GBteam
    GBteam
    Participant

Thank you for your investigation, I will ask the developer to try to manage the exclusions.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.