Exclude rules and default search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude rules and default search

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Waldelmar Waldelmar 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

Dear authors, the whole month I’m testing your plugin and I would be very happy to use it in my project, but there are some problems and I would be very appreciated for suggestions, I’m trying to make the same look, as here:
    https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/demo-setup-staff-search-and-filter/

But some of the features are not working for me, I would be very appreciated if you could help me to make:

1. I’m using for search and filter only portfolio posttype and need to exculde all categories excapt:
    Soprano, Mezzo, Contralto, Countertenor, Tenor, Baritone, Bass-baritone and Bass. I tried to change:
    General Options – Souces 2 – Exclude categories/terms by ID and Exclude Results in Advanced options but it seems not working for me…

2. In demo the results are always visible, pls let me know how to make it? When I click on white area between search bar and results, all results are gone and they are showing again only by clicking on seach input field…

3. I already made it once, but unfortunately have forgotten how to make images bigger and change the grid to for ex. 3 columns?…

4. The very important for me is to use ajax search plugin instead of default search on my site. I know that there is an option for that but could you pls make that with search instance “main search” to look it the same as my default theme search on the top of any page (pls see screenshot)?

Hope to hear from you,
    With best wishes,

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Waldelmar Waldelmar.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. In this case, I would rather suggest using the inclusion options, instead of excluding all other categories. So, make sure to clear all exclusions, and use the include posts by taxonomies option: Tutorial – Include posts by categories

2. You are looking for this option here: https://i.imgur.com/U91lyoy.png

3. Under the Theme -> Isotopic results panel: https://i.imgur.com/cyBkmcm.png

4. Try loading the ‘Plain Round isotopic’ theme, it should be very similar: https://i.imgur.com/0P2Kra4.png
    Then you can customize size/margins as you desire.

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

Thank you!

1. Unfortunately, it is not working for me, before I’ve already tried the inclusion option… pls, take a look a test site

2. It works

3. It works

4. Not working at all, I can not even set it (( I made the new search instance “main search”, then I have turned on the trigger “Override the default WordPress search results with results from this search instance?” in General Options – Logic & Behavior…
    but nothing changes…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Waldelmar Waldelmar.
    Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

PS.

4. I’ve found one more option – Theme search bar replace
    – but in this case I can not type, by clicking search bar hides…
    Pls give me any suggestions…

+ I thought, I could replace search results also without theme styles changing, I setted “Override the default WordPress search” to “ON” in “main search” instance, then tried to exclude one random post from results in plugin options, after I tried to search this post with default search, but it is still in results…

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

Dear Ernest,
    pls. could you give me any suggestions?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. Can you please check the FTP details? I cannot seem to log-in. I would like to debug the query to see why the exclusions does not take effect. Thank you very much.

4. It happens because of how the theme search feature is constructed. It uses a background layer that covers the search bar, and clicking on it will close the search overlay. This simple custom CSS will resolve it:

.cc {
        z-index: -1 !important;
    }

For the search results override to work, the search needs to be made via the ajax search pro form, as if you have more than one search instances, the plugin would not be able to tell which configuration to use to override the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that worked.

I have found a possible bug in the code, and corrected it, I will include it in the next release. It was only related to this particular configuration. The exclusions should have an effect now correctly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. Well, this is not really related to the plugin, as the overlay is managed by a custom script. but there is an option that may help. Try enabling this: https://i.imgur.com/0kwMNQx.png
    Then the plugin will try to detect if it gets invisible, and close the options/results if so. It may not work in some cases, as it should be resolved via the custom script.

2. Might be possible with a custom code.

Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

3. I will have to test this until the next release. Firefox may have changed how triggers work for the right mouse button. It should be automatically cancelled by the browsers, but I guess they changed something. Anyways, thank you for letting me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

Hi!
    I am very sorry for my questions, but unfortunately all variants are not working…
    I enabled the trigger to “on” (#1) and added the code in funtions.php (#2), but nothing changed…
    Could you please take a look once again?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Waldelmar Waldelmar.
    Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

PS.
    update on #2 – it works in firefox, but doesn’t work in Safari…
    #1 – also tried in different browsers, but still not working…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try this one instead of the previous, it should do the trick on both issues:

I have tested on FF, Chrome and IE, it should be fine. Please note, that I can not guarantee this will work in all situation, as it is a customization request.
    Make sure to clear all the cache, including the browser cache when testing.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Waldelmar
    Waldelmar
    Participant

Dear Ernesto, I’m so appreciated for your help, now closing functions works fine!
    Your plugin and support are absolutely awesome!!!

I don’t know why, but the result show on tap on search loupe isn’t working in Safari on mac and in any browser on iOS devices… when close function on same devices works fine…
    $(‘#quick_search svg’).on(‘click’, function(){
    ASP.api(2, ‘searchFor’, ”);
    });

I have one more question, but I think it should be a paid customization, please let me know if it is possible to show results from search instance #1 with its search preferences when user clicks on search loupe, and to show another results from search instance #2 when user tries to fill the input field… I explain – I wanted to make this – by click on search user sees the lists of artists (special categories, exclude option) with possibility to filter them but when user tries to type the search request it shows results without filtering from ALL categories without any search exclusions… I know it’s pretty insane )) , but any your suggestions would be very helpful…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I guess that the original script might be cancelling the event bubbling, thus the click event does not reach this script on safari for some reason.

Try this variation, hopefully it reaches one of the elements and one of the events:

The other thing sounds more complicated, it requires much deeper customizations. Unfortunately I cannot suggest a custom code for that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.