Exclude taxonomies from results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude taxonomies from results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    txemaprats
    txemaprats
    Participant

Hi,

My website is not in production. Is posible to use teamviewer instead?

The problem is that I exclude parts of the taxonomies in my AgentPress pro but can not exclude them from the results. What do I do wrong?

Regards,

Txema

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately I can’t do teamviewer or any live sessions, I’m sorry.

If you are trying to exclude custom post types based on taxonomy terms, then please check this section in the documentation:
    Excluding & Including results
    Excluding by taxonomy terms
    Including based on taxonomy terms

I believe this is what you are looking for. If you also want to exclude items that does not belong to any of the categories, make sure to turn off this option as well. This is also explained in the documentation links above.

If you however displaying individual taxonomy terms as results (not post types), but want to exclude some of them, you can do it on the General Options -> Sources 2 panel, by entering their IDs: https://i.imgur.com/JaStKXD.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

txemaprats
    txemaprats
    Participant

Hi,

I exclude several Taxonomies but nothing happen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think I missundertood you:

– Do you not want to display taxonomy terms as results? – in this case, make sure that on the General Options -> Sources 2 panel there is nothing selected: https://i.imgur.com/dUFVT9z.png
    – ..or do you want to exclude post type results, based on what taxonomy terms do they belong to? – the option you are adjusting is for this case, but I’m not sure if that is waht you want. If yes, then I would rather recommend just choosing the category you want to include, instead of excluding everything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

txemaprats
    txemaprats
    Participant

I don´t want to see the CPT elements in the search result

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don´t want to see the CPT elements in the search result
    – By ‘CPT elements’ you mean on the results page you don’t want to see some parts of each result? – this is controlled by the theme you are currently using, the plugin cannot affect the results layout on the results page.
    – Or don’t want to see some results on the results page, belonging to the categories you excluded? Because excluding a whole taxonomy is not a good idea at all. If you want to recuce the results to a very tiny subset, I would recommend using the inclusion option instead, as I detailed earlier.
    – Is this concerning the results page or the live results?
    – Can you please make an example of what would you expect, and what is happening?

Please be as much specific as possible, because it does not make sense to me why all of the taxonomies are excluded in your screenshot. It would yield no results whatsoever, which is most likely not what you want.

Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.