Excluded terms from displaying still display

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Excluded terms from displaying still display

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Dear Support, thank you for this great plugin. (We are using Version 4.18.2 currently)
    However we currently can’t exclude categories from the frontend filter and we’re trying to find out if we did setup something wrongly or if this could be a bug.

We have pages and also custom post types that make use of the default WordPress categories.
    We have a category called “hide”.
    We’ve setup Frontend Search Settings > Categories & Taxonomy Terms > “Drag here the terms you want to include!” > category > “+ show more options” > “Excluded terms from displaying:” > hide.
    As we understand, this category now should NOT appear on the frontend filter system. Although it still does. πŸ™‚

Please could you check this on your end by creating a category, assigning a post / page / cpt to it, then excluding it from the frontend search settings and see if it is hidden then / still there? I’m afraid we can’t grant access to our internal systems, so we might have to figure this out by trying / screenshots a bit, I am sorry.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, but we cannot replicate the issue on our end. I also tried the back-end demo, to see if there is any issue with a production: https://ajaxsearchpro.com/admin-demo/wp-admin/
    It works there as well.

Does this appear on the back-end preview window as well as the front-end? If only the front-end, then clearing the browser/page and object cache may resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Dear Ernest Marcinko,
    thank you for taking the time to check this out.

However I also looked at the backend demo where I found that “Movies” are disabled, but still show on your front end page. This is exactly the problem that we have on our page (please see image).

Kind regards
    Toni

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Interesting, the same exact setup gives me the correct layout: https://i.imgur.com/loX3LFH.png

May I ask, what browser are you using? If it is not google chrome, can you please try with that, to see if there is any difference?
    Once you exclude the “Movies” category, you need to hit the Refresh button as well, make sure you don’t miss that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Ah okay, sorry this was my mistake, you’re right, it works defenately on your admin demo, yes!

I’ve refreshed the browser cache and we’re not using caching for Ajax Pro (disabled in the options). We’re using Microsoft Edge currently but I will test it in Chrome asap.

In this time just to be sure: How are you disabling the excluted categories on Ajax Pro? Via PHP or via CSS? Just to make sure this is not caused by some CSS overwriting.

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is done on the server side, via PHP. The exclusions are not printed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Hello Ernest Marcinko ,

After lots of trial & error and updating to 4.18.3 I finally found the cause of this πŸ™‚

In my last ticket a month ago we tried to automaticly hide categories that have no pages / posts connected in the filter. You can read about it here: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/hide-empty-categories/
    There we used your custom filter in our functions.php to hide unused categories.

However this filter interupts / overwrites the settings I’ve tried to make now (hide a certain category).

Will this mean I could only have automatic hiding of unused categories OR hiding a specific category now? πŸ™‚

Kind regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh, that explains it πŸ™‚ You can actually remove that filter, because that version has an option to hide the empty categories, you can enable that here: https://i.imgur.com/TUsOxdB.png

That should work in combination with the exclusion.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Ah well.. Sometimes it’s just that easy πŸ˜€

Thank you for implementing this feature already, I really didn’t know about that. Your solution now totally works, we are able to hide unused categories as well as specific categories like “uncategorized”. Well done! Thank you for your good work and quick help on this matter! Ticket can be closed πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.