extra search box superimposed

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support extra search box superimposed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by nicolab292 nicolab292 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nicolab292
    nicolab292
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Sorry to bother you again.

It seems that when you looked into the attachment content searching problem that we had, you updated the plug-in to the latest version. Am I mistaken ?

Because now we have a problem in the layout of the the “general search” in the footer that used to be a simple black box with text in white.

No matter what I do, there is an extra white search box on top of it with another magnifying glass.

Also, it is present over the specific “film search” on page https://www.filmlabs.org/films/

I haven’t found a way to get rid of this , do you have an idea where it comes from?

Thank you
    Nicolas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using IOS Safari browser by any chance? Maybe IOS version around 10.x or similar?

Apple yet again did change something in IOS 15.1, where a previously resolved issue was resurfaced, because of the actual fix. So it is sort of “catch 22” situation, where the fix for the problem in one version causes the same issue on the other and vice versa.

Can you please try this custom CSS, it should remove it:

div div.asp_w.ajaxsearchpro input[type="search"] {
    	appearance: auto !important;
    	-webkit-appearance: none !important;
    }

Maybe this one also works with the most recent IOS version, I will try to test and implement in the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nicolab292
    nicolab292
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I am using Firefox 78.15.0 under 10.11.6 ; I should have mentioned.

Your fix in the CSS did the trick, now it looks normal.

Thank you,
    Nicolas

nicolab292
    nicolab292
    Participant

Firefox and Safari on an iPhone 5s seem fine as well. I hadn’t checked on a telephone in the past few days, I was looking on a Macbook.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great, I also tested on a few devices as well as virtual devices. All seems to be fine here as well. I will very likely apply this in the upcoming release. Thank you for the information!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nicolab292
    nicolab292
    Participant

Ok, great, thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.