Extremely slow search bar

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yolevski
    yolevski
    Participant

Suddenly the Ajax Search bar on our homepage and throughout the site is EXTREMELY SLOW. Shows the loading spinning circle for a very long time before results pop up .

Why is this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details. I just tried, but the search is almost instantenious to me: https://youtu.be/per0OVs0TGs

I’m not sure if it’s just me, or you have changed anything in the meantime, but it seems to be working on my end. If there was no change in the settings, then it might have been only a temporary server issue. Let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

yolevski
    yolevski
    Participant

that’s really weird. i didn’t make any changes and it had been slow for a few days. lol are you sure you didn’t do anything?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

All I did was I logged in and looked at the search options, but I didn’t change a single thing. I haven’t tried it before though, so I’m not sure how that affected it.

I suspect this might be something to do with the custom ajax handler that is enabled (on the Compatibility Settings submenu). Because it is not the core ajax handler file that WordPress uses, I guess something was maybe blocking it? Perhaps some sort of optimization plugin, security plugin or server firewall or something similar. I have no clue to be honest.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.