Extremely slow when using more than one word

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Extremely slow when using more than one word

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donovanray
    Donovanray
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I posted a comment on Envato 24/25 days ago about an error I endure when I use more than one word in de search engine.

You replied that you didn’t experience this problem. You also showed me a YouTube video with the evidence.

Well I just renewed the support hoping you can take a look at the problem. Because I’m having the same problem with different computers and different browsers on different times. You will probably also start encounter the problem when you use the search engine on cartridgecity.nl more than 5 times.

examples of products and printers you can search for, try with and without the brandname:
    HP 364
    HP 920
    HP 950
    Canon MG5350
    Canon MG5750
    HP Photosmart 5520
    Epson 29XL

Hope you can find what is causing this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regard,
    Erwin Haring

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for the proper details, and for the examples. After a few tries the search indeed got stuck, or reacted very poorly.

I did a direct investigation via SFTP, and after some time I believe I have found the cause. In one of the latest releases I have built in a function to filter product which are invisible or set to visible on catalog only. When I disabled this new filter, the search started to work normally again. I guess this is because of the fact on how WooCommerce stores this visibility data.

Luckily this is not a vital function, so I could simply disable it. Moreover I just read the update notes for WooCommerce 3.0, it seems like they are changing this visibility feature from custom fields to taxonomy terms, so this will be resolved differently in a future release of the search – and has a major performance advantage.

Please test the search now, I believe the issue is gone.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Donovanray
    Donovanray
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Wow, super fast response and fix, awesome!

It works like a charm now. It looks like it’s even faster than ever.

So with WooCommerce 3.0 the search can be even quicker? I haven’t installed it yet because not all of my plugins are tested with 3.0.

Thank you so much for fixing this issue. I will leave a 5-star review on CodeCanyon.

Kind regard,

Erwin Haring

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Erwin,

You are very welcome, and thank you very much for the positive rating 🙂

I’m still testing it with WooCommerce 3.0, but based on their release notes, they made a few major performace optimizations, so the search should be affected as well. I still recommend waiting a few weeks before updating to 3.0, with major releases there are usually a decent amount of bugs surfacing in the first week. Also, as you mentioned, some plugin authors may need some time to adjust their plugins as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.