Facets

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    logaritym92
    logaritym92
    Participant

Hello. I got today Ajax Search Pro and like it a lot. I added a searchbar in the header, but was wondering if your plugin can also work with facets… I am using Oxygen builder and basically need 2 facets (for ACFs) and 1 sorting dropdown which work with Oxygen’s Easy Posts. You can see how my filtration/sorting works if you scroll down to the games.
    Best, Artur

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, you can create multiple types of filters. I recommend checking this documentation, as well as the Custom Field Filters section, it should contain everything you need to know about that feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

logaritym92
    logaritym92
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Thank you for your response. Yes, I went through the docs, but I don’t want ASP to display the results. I already have the query, I just need facets for filtering and sorting. The plugin needs to somehow interfere with the query on the page and I’m not sure ASP can do this:(
    Best, Artur

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Arthur,

Well, in that case, you can still try the results live loader feature. In your case, you need to enter this query selector: .search-content

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

logaritym92
    logaritym92
    Participant

Thanks Ernest, but with the live loader, I still need to use your grid, correct? I have already made my own template with Oxygen and just needed 2 filters and sorting dropdown…
    Also, is there a way to make the search bar load results immediately when i click the input field, without the need of pressing a button or typing? This would be a great feature.
    Best, Artur

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Artur,

No, the live loader reloads the results page in the background with the new results displayed there, it uses the layout of the results page, not the plugin layout.
    Well, there is no option to show the results on the input click, but there is an auto populate feature, that immediately shows the results on page load.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.