Facing problem with plugin options

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Facing problem with plugin options

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by adarshl13 adarshl13 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Hi Team,

We are working on datewell.org and facing a lot of issues to configure advance search.
    It would be very helpful if we can connect on quick zoom call to discuss.

We have few more clients like this to whom we wanted to suggest this plugin for that as well
    we need some clarification.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately we can not do zoom sessions.

Feel free to post any of your questions, I am more than happy to answer.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Hello,

We have a problem with custom search results page. We have 2 posts widgets over there. First one is only for articles and second one for shorts (this is a different category in the system, like a short version of an article). When we type for example “love” in search then in the first widget, even though we excluded shorts in the settings, the shorts are appearing there. And this happens also in second widget for shorts only – There should be only shorts inside but articles are shown too…

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

You can check whole thing on :
    https://datewell.org/

Search in menu bar
    Search in side bar also.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

When redirected to the custom page, the “Shorts” checkbox is actually checked, which means it is in effect.
    Even if you exclude a taxonomy term, but it is used in the filters, the filter state overrides that exclusion.
    To resolve that, make sure the “Shorts” checkbox on the taxonomy filters is unchecked by default. (see attachment)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you uncheck all of the checkboxes, then by default the filter does not consider as exclusion, but has “no effect”. You can change that behaviour here: https://i.imgur.com/jPIvbPs.png

For the checkboxes, since you are using individual options, the checkbox states have to be changed here: https://i.imgur.com/obz4GFE.png
    The “display mode” button is a generic setting, when the “show all from xy taxonomy” option is used.

These should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

For the first issue, turning off the option I suggested should work for sure. If the checkboxes are unchecked, then nothing from those categories should appear. The query exclusions may conflict with that – I strongly recommend removing them, as those are not neccessary, the search will override either way.
    Unfortunately I can’t tell if it is working okay only by looking at the front-end, as I can’t see the configuration, neither the category assignments. If you want, I can take a closer look via the administrator panel.

For the second query – that is not possible. The plugin can only filter one single posts widget at once. So only the one assignerd block will contain the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Can you then advice us how can we group the results? We want for example to have articles first, then shorts and visual summaries last if everything is selected in the checkboxes. Or if it is not possible then atleast we want people to know which one is which. For example if it is an article then next to it there should be an icon of article and text: “article”

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Can you then advise us on how can we group the results? We want for example to have articles first, then shorts and visual summaries last if everything is selected in the checkboxes. Or if it is not possible then at least we want people to know which one is which. For example, if it is an article then next to it there should be an icon of the article and text: “article”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you want to group them, the grouping options you used are fine and the best way – but of course grouping means, that the items need to be moved from a list of all items to a group – which also means, that the ordering of the items change with it.

You can also try this feature instead of the classic grouping. With that you can change which post types to get first. Then, there is the distribution option. With that, the plugin will try to distribute the results among the selected post types equally – giving results from all selected post types.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

https://www.loom.com/share

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by adarshl13 adarshl13.
    adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Sorry, the Above link will not work. Please refer to below one:
    https://www.loom.com/share/c13f89d969d6401a8eee66badb3bf28a

adarshl13
    adarshl13
    Participant

Hi,
    Could you please reply with the same?
    https://www.loom.com/share/c13f89d969d6401a8eee66badb3bf28a

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.