Faster Search response and better looking results section

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Faster Search response and better looking results section

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yonahs61332
    yonahs61332
    Participant

Hi, I am looking to create a search results similar to https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/
    Aspect 1 that I am looking for is the speed of the response. As you can see on their site, as you type, the results are just there.
    I have changed my settings to use index table, but I still find that your search takes a long time.
    Aspect 2 that I would like to match is the layout part:
    The Full width
    The extra information on the right side.

Are these things that are even attainable with your plugin?

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. I recommend chapter 1 & 2 of this documentation for performance tuning.
    Their site use a subscription based search service (algolia, and not a wordpress site either), which charges monthly fees to run a search service on an external server – which is very fast – but costly. This plugin however runs on your local server, but there are no subscription or any monthly fees – the performance will depend on the host server performance.

2. That look I’m afraid is not possible with this plugin. You can however change the floating results width here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.