Few questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nikolab86
    nikolab86
    Participant

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Ajax Search pro.

The first one, I’ve noticed that you have Analytics of the most searched words/terms and I can add/post proposed words just below the search bar, but it has to be added manually. Is there’s a way to pull automatically those words based on the analytics, so to show the first 3 most searched terms?

The second one is that when I type in the search bar the search results are automatically displaying, but when I click on the X button it removes the typed word but it doesn’t remove/resets the shown results. How can I set that, and if it’s a bug when you’ll fix/update it?

Please refer to the files attached.

Thanks,
    Nikola

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I’m afraid there is no option to do that, however you can modify the words displayed there via the asp_suggested_phrases hook.

2. That is an intended behavior, but there might be a way to trigger an empty search when clicking on the icon via a custom code.

Try adding this code to the functions.php file in your theme/child theme directory – make sure to have a full server back-up first for safety. For more details you can check the safe coding guidelines.

add_action('wp_footer', 'wp_footer_empty_on_close');
    function wp_footer_empty_on_close() {
    ?>
    <script>
      jQuery(function($){
        $('.asp_m .proclose svg').on('click touchend', function(e){
          $(this).closest('.asp_m').find('input.orig').trigger('input');
        });
      });
    </script>
    <?php
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nikolab86
    nikolab86
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks a lot for a quick reply.
    Reset on the X button worked : )

I’ve checked the asp_suggested_phrases hook, where can I check the analytics to pull data from? Do you have it somewhere in the documentation where I can refer to?

Thanks once again.

Regards,
    Nikola

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome. Unfortunately there is no technical documentation, but the class file can be found here: wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/etc/statistics.class.php

You can use the getTop method to get the top keyords:

$keywords = asp_statistics::getTop($number, $searchid, true);

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

nikolab86
    nikolab86
    Participant

Great, I’ll check it.
    Thanks a lot, Ernest.

nikolab86
    nikolab86
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I have a few more questions:
    1. Is it possible to search for current page content that isn’t any CPT, post, or product, just regular content, for example FAQ (title and text)
    2. I’ve added a search id as a class to the section which is a Tab element, but when I’m searching, it doesn’t update, live search isn’t updating my content. I assume that this is happening because the content is in the Tab element, and by the way, I’m using Elementor.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Do you mean like return parts of the page as individual results? That is not possible.

2. I need to see in order to be able to tell what is wrong. Can you send a link where I can take a look at this?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.