Few questions on using your plugin

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Few questions on using your plugin

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    andrewc1980
    andrewc1980
    Participant

Hi,

If you look at http://www.bcswebdesign.co.uk/wjod I would like to use your plugin to replace the search facility that came with the theme. I would like to know how to setup your plugin so that posts can be found by the name of the post (business name), location (e.g. Belfast, Newtownards, Dublin, etc.) and category (e.g. Bridal Fashion, Photographers & Videographers, etc.).

Where in each post do I put these details on your plugin? Is it through the tags at the bottom?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

If you want to use filters, then I would recommend using custom taxonomies or custom fields to store that information. You could use for example the post category for location, and maybe a custom field for the category – or vice-versa.

The search tags in the editor are to add additional phrases that the plugin will match, whenever someone types them in, it has no connection to the filters. To filter posts or any custom post types, the posts have to be categorized in some way: either by taxonomies, custom fields or tags.

You can read more about the filter types in the following documentation chapters:
    Taxonomy term filters
    Custom field filters

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.