FIles in incorrect directory.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support FIles in incorrect directory.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    buro26
    buro26
    Participant

After updating Ajax Search Pro from 4.23.3 to 4.24.1 a security plugin flagged some of its files as suspicious.

The styling files that are supposed to be in /wp-content/cache/asp/ were also in /wp-admin/. The files in both directories seemed to be the same in both locations apart from the creation or modification date. I’ve deleted the (flagged) files in /wp-admin/ and this doesn’t appear to result in any problems. So this seems to be cruft caused by either caching-generation issue or due to version differences.

Regards,

StH
    Buro26

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

This may have been some sort of a symlink server hickup only. I double checked the source, and the paths are definitely correctly set. The cache path is a fixed in relation to the wp-content directory via:

WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/cache/asp/'

.. and this path is then used to store the files. I also double checked every instance of the file writes, and in every case this path is used, so I have no clue how the files could have got from one directory to another. Even in theory if something messes up the WP_CONTENT_DIR constant (but that can never happen), it should still be a relative path to “./asp/cache”, and that is still not the wp-admin directory, but the user folder.

Please let me know if this issue somehow replicates, I am very curious how this happens. You can trigger the recreation of the CSS files by saving one of your search instances.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.