Filter among custom fields in Attachments Seat

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter among custom fields in Attachments Seat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RelazioniDigitali
    RelazioniDigitali
    Participant

Hi,

Short Version: is there a way to filter among custom fields in a Attachments search?

Long Version:
    I’m using Ajax Search Pro in two pages of a website I’m building.
    In one of them I’m filtering only among attachments (pdf that I have in my media library): I’m able to filter among categories and tags (I’m using a plugin that extends the properties of a Media Object –> Media Library Assistant) so I can create only two different filters.
    I’m trying without success to filter among custom fields in attachments. I can normally use custom fields to filter among pages (projects actually) in the page: /team so I can create N filters, but I can’t do it with attachments. Is there a way to use custom fields in attachments?
    When I create a custom field associated to a certain media object (with a plugin like Pods – Custom Content Types and Fields) it shows up in the “frontend search settings, custom fields” section of ajax search pro but the filtering doesn’t work like it does with pages/articles/projects.

Thanks!

Francesco

RelazioniDigitali
    RelazioniDigitali
    Participant

Don’t know why “search” became “seat” in the title. Other info: I’m using Divi.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Custom field filtering is purposfully disabld for attachments, as it may lead to no results in cases when both posts and media is selected for filtering.

I’m planning to roll out version 4.11.7 later today for approval. What I could do is to perhaps add an option to turn off the custom field filters for attachments, to allow those filters to affect attachments as well. I have noted this as a new feature, keep an eye on updates, it should be available within 3 days time.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RelazioniDigitali
    RelazioniDigitali
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply! This feature would be very much appreciated.
    You mean an option normally set to OFF which I would have to set to ON to reach my purpose right?
    If you manage to add it I’d be very grateful, I’ll be waiting for the update!
    Thank you very much

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, but it depends on test results as well. If somehow I can manage the conflicts with the post type search, then it may stay ON by default.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.