Filter and search box to use different sources

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter and search box to use different sources

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    2phx03
    2phx03
    Participant

Hello, basically I want main search box to use one source(locations) and categories and taxonomy terms to use posts source.

I can make both work separately, but I need one search button for both. So user can pick location and set filters, then click search button.

My website: https://dev.dubaiowner.com/

Wordpress example: https://homepress.stylemixthemes.com/?home=1

Custom: https://www.bayut.com/

Regards,
    Igor.

2phx03
    2phx03
    Participant

Sorry one more thing to add, when I add locations as taxonomy term filter, in theory it should be my solution but I get error 500 internal server error. I have 6520 records in locations.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I see correctly, you are using Elementor posts widget to display the results – the properties are custom post types and the locations are taxonomy terms. And do you want to display locations as result? Or use them as a filter?
    If you want to display as results, the problem with this is, that Elementor posts widget supports custom post types as results, but not taxonomy terms, so it won’t be able to display the locations, and that causes the error most likely.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

2phx03
    2phx03
    Participant

Hello, you see it correctly, except that post types are default wordpress posts, not custom. I added custom locations taxonomy via CPTUI. As you see in screenshot I have 2 searches from ajax search pro. One search is for locations, it works well, but it works well without additional filters like bedrooms, categories(sale/rent), type(apartment,villa). Because additional filters take posts as source and location search is taking location taxonomy as source.

So what I want to do is to unite search and filters into one item. Where main search box is looking for locations from source(locations) and additional filters below for bedrooms, category and etc are taking posts as source.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is not possible. Because the search would have to force the results to the elementor container – however that widget does not support taxonomy terms as results, so it may only cause an error, or not show the taxonomy terms at all. Because of that, you will need two separate search bars.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.