Filter and Search finds no posts

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter and Search finds no posts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

Hi, so i just want a basic search and filtering by category on regular wordpress posts. I followed docs and vid exactly. Not working. Page loads fine, all posts there, but any search term and unchecking ANY filter causes No Posts Found. Any thoughts on a cause for this? Thank you!!! Im attaching a short video showing the issue, the current set up, please watch and then let me know what is causing thank you. https://watch.screencastify.com/v/Ln6XQJKJj03cAlR43rMr

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

Also, the settings referred to in the attached file screenshot are not availabel from what i can tell anywhere in my settings. Have these been moved since your documentation was created?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps us a lot!

I just tried a few search queries, and it seems to work all right on my end: https://i.imgur.com/EnzsiA7.png
    I assume it was just a minor configuration related issue?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

hi, thanks for the response. No, things are not working at all. There are seventeen total posts in the “Resource Library” category. You have deselected the category Espanol which has only three posts in it, so there should be fifteen posts showing. I dont understand what the issue is. Even disregard the filtering, just try searching one of the words in the title of any post and NOTHING is found. Im completely confused by this plugin. Its probbably something simple to fix, but i dont need this to be so complicated to do something that should be straightforward. I may need to try a different plugin at this point, but hopefully you are available for support as i need to have this done tomorrow one way or another. If i dont heear back, i will request a refund unfortunately. Thanks!

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

Hello again, so i have figured out how to increase the number of posts and now they are all showing. I think ive got some momentum now and things seem to be working, so for now please disregard above questions and comments. Thanks!

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

hi again, ok so i do have one more small question. Is there a way through the plugin to adjust top and bottom padding/margin on the post titles below the featured images? Screenshot attached. If not, thats ok i will use css but want to use the plugin settings as much as possible to make it easy for client. Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Okay, I am happy you found the settings needed.

When you are using an archive page/Elementor live loading feature, the results are actually rendered via the theme or Elementor – so the plugin has no effect on the styling. In case of elementor, there should be a tab for styling in the editor screen, in case of an archive page check the theme settings.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

ok t hanks very much : )

totalwpsupport
    totalwpsupport
    Participant

Hi Again, thanks for all the responses so far, very helpful. So client has a couple questions.

1. Currently the fitlers are all checked by default and user has to uncheck them all to filter. So if user only wanted to see one category (which is mostlikely scenario) they have to uncheck all but the one they want to see. Much better if all were unchecked and they checked the category they want to filter by, possible?

2. Instead of have elementor posts being filtered, is it possible to use the post categories instead? eg. instead of the list of posts theres a grid of the categories, and checking a category filter would then s how all posts in the category. i dont think its possible but wanted to see what you thought.

3. Is it possible to not show any posts in the elementor post list on page load? And only show the posts when a category or search is used?

4. Can we change the text above the filters that currently says “Filter by Categories”? We wanted to change to “Choose your categories”

Thanks!! Bodhi

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by totalwpsupport .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Yes, you can change it here: https://i.imgur.com/MY37SRo.png

2. Sort of, but not exactly. You could enable the auto-populate feature, which will fill the elementor container with initial default search results.

3. I don’t think this is actually possible without custom coding. The initial Elementor container could be hidden via adding a CSS class name, then removing it once the initial search is finished, but that requires coding for sure.

4. Sure: https://i.imgur.com/y5sotmO.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.