Filter box position

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alfonso Castellote
    Alfonso Castellote
    Participant

Hi again,

I had problems with the position of the dropdown filter box, sometimes, if you scroll down and came back, the box move to the top-left corner of the screen.

I attach a screenshot

Sometimes fail too “soon” but other times need like 10 scrolls to make this move.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I noticed you have 3 instances of the same search shortcode on that page each of these have a different settings box as well. Each of the search boxes is placed on a separate slide of the home page slider. However the settings boxes are in a hovering position, removed from the slider to the document body to maintain compatibility in case any container element is set to a relative position.

Whenever the slider switches a slide (once every ~10 seconds) the current search instance disappears and of course the script cannot find it so it resets to the default position (top left corner).

The only solution I can think of is to bind an event to the layer slider slide change to close the settings when the slide is changed, so I have added the following event callback on slider settings: https://i.imgur.com/bJ3PnX0.png

Optional: if you want to stop the slider animation if the settings is hovered, you can put this to your active themes footer.php file just before the closing body tag:

<script>
    $('.searchsettings').mouseover(function(){
        lsjQuery("#layerslider_1_1").layerSlider('stop');
        lsjQuery("#layerslider_1_1").layerSlider('start');
    });
    <script>

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.