Filter br ACF

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thenet
    thenet
    Participant

Guys,
    I am trying so hard to get this working.
    I have the Pro Plugin installed and the mission is this.

Show products related to a Blog Post.
    I have installed Advanced Custom Fields, associated 5 products with a post.
    But I cannot get the filter system on your plugin to filter by the ACF fields.

I know you don’t support ACF, but can you tell me how the filter should work in this case.
    I’m sure I’m not the first and there is probably a doc somewhere that might help.

Please and thanks a mill

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly you want to filter the items based on ACF fields?

This is unfortunately not possible, and I don’t think there is an easy solution to get around it, not without coding at least. I believe the ACF related products field stores the post IDs (or objects?) within the field, however the plugin can only look for relevant text between post custom fields and match them based on that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

thenet
    thenet
    Participant

ok cool – Do you have a suggestion on linking products to posts using your plugin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes actually, there is a custom content field available on the post editor, where you can manually choose to override the related contents on the actual page: https://i.imgur.com/0iEBAgk.png

I believe that should do the trick 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.