Filter Custom Field and Grouping User

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter Custom Field and Grouping User

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant

Hi,

I have set up the plugin with compact model, vertical and show post on different languages but I can filter post via custom field, even though I have tried to index table for all datas.

1. Custom Field Filter notworking
    I have a custom field type user for product woo. I connect via ID of User as post meta in backend.
    I have other custom field as stadt (city). When I search with city , the plugin does not return anythings.

2. Group Name User:
    Can we add custom User Heading for vertical layout, because we are using group via Category / Terms and searching with products, page, posts, users.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant

I have short code at this page

https://ticket.ctba.de/beispiel-seite/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details!

1. Can you please also add temporary FTP access? I can only see the IDs being returned for some reason, maybe I can check if there is any way to get the user data as well, but I need to make possible changes on the plugin core code for that.

2. Sure, you can rename the group here: https://i.imgur.com/XQshxtg.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant

1. I have install the plugin WPIDE File Editor and hope you can edit plugin or test some things via this plugin.

2. Sure, you can rename the group here: https://i.imgur.com/XQshxtg.png

Yes ,I can do it but other posts will come here and that would not be user category.

As I can see that your plugin does not support users in a category with the category/terms mode .
    I can fix this code in includes/Query/SearchQuery.php. should I do it ? or you already have this feature.

thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Sure, I can try. Please make a full site back-up first and then let me know if I can proceed. If I make any mistake the files may not revert and a backup must be used. Very unlikely, but better to be safe.

2. It’s a bit more complicated unfortunately. Taxonomy term grouping uses taxonomy terms to group the post type results, and wherever it’s not applicate it’s placed to the “other group”. User results are not post types, so they automatically go to that group.
    I can maybe suggest a custom code to alter the groups, but I can’t promise anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant

HI,

1. This website ist test website you can adjust your plugin normally. Please tell us what you did in the plugin that is very important for us in order to maintain our website.
    and have you found any solution yet ?

2. I can add word before title of post to differentiate Post , Page and Users. Tomorrow I will have a meeting with marketing department and let me ask theme whatever I can do it or not.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Thanks! I made a possible adjustment, now the User display name should be indexed by the field name.

2. Okay, let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vantinh
    vantinh
    Participant

HI

1. could you tell me what and where did you change ? it seems working with custom field type users, But other custom does not work including stadt (city) custom field

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure! I had to add a few lines to the ajax-search-pro/inlcudes/classes/Index/Manager.php file to fetch the user names on the user type field properly.

The stadt field does not seem to be selected under the index table options, that might be the cause for that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.