Filter doesn't work as dropdown but works as checkboxes

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter doesn't work as dropdown but works as checkboxes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unicado
    unicado
    Participant

Hello!

We created a custom search for our posts in parent category “Programmes”. We set it up in a way that it includes only those posts and we want the user to be able to filter by using the subcategories Bachelor, Master and Doctoral. Unfortunately, it appears that when we have the filter as a dropdown list, the search doesn’t work and doesn’t return any results, whereas when we have the checkboxes display, the search works and returns the desired results. We would like, however, to have the dropdown option.

I’ve tried to check the compatibility settings, turn off and on the scripts etc but nothing seems to do the trick.

There are no related errors in the logs
    The only error I see on the page when trying to perform a search is in Inspect/ Network
    ajax_search.php (canceled) xhr jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 0 B 1.16 s

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by unicado unicado. Reason: Added temporary login data
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end details as well?

I am not able to replicate this issue, so the only possible way is to debug it via FTP and check if there are any problems with the query. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

unicado
    unicado
    Participant

Hi Ernest!

I’ve edited the reply above with the FTP and back-end details.

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, I have found some issues with the configuration, and corrected them for you.

– On the General Options -> Sources panel, no post type was selected, so the plugin was not able to return anything, I have choosen the ‘Post’ post type for you: https://i.imgur.com/iHLPfbH.png
    – On the Advanced Options -> Exclude results panel, there were included and excluded posts by categories selected, which were basically overriding the filter, I have emptied those as well: https://i.imgur.com/CcJbayL.png
    I did it, because the filter alone should be enough in this case, no inclusions are required. The results will be limited to the selected category anyways. If you wish to exclude items that match the categories within the filter, as well as another category, then use the exclusion option only, otherwise it might not work.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

unicado
    unicado
    Participant

Oh dear…

Thank you so much!!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.