Filter Search Results with ASP

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter Search Results with ASP

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jbcdfw
    jbcdfw
    Participant

2 things (i can’t grant access to our server – can’t do it)

1) after a search has been displayed – is it possible to use the AJAX Search Pro checkboxes to filter those results? in other words, if i do a search for data storage and am returning results for posts and pages, is it possible to use ASP , uncheck ‘pages’ and then only see the results for the posts – without the user having to uncheck and resubmit the search?

2) is there a page in the documentation that provides the classes used for the checkbox css classes?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. It depends on how or where this is setup exactly. If you are referencing the results page or an archive page here, then I suggest trying the results page live loading feature.

2. I’m afraid it is not documented, but you can get them very easily via the developer tools on your browser. Just in case, here is a screenshot of how exactly it is constructed. The actual checkbox is not visible (because it is not possible to style), but there is an overlaying element, which is displayed based on the checkbox state:

.asp_option_checkbox:after {
        opacity: 0;
    }

and

.asp_option_inner input[type=checkbox]:checked~div:after {
        opacity: 1;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.