Filtering posts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Interskills
    Interskills
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve created some test posts in two categories: categoria 1 e categoria 2 and set frontend filters on category terms, so when I select categoria 1, the search’ll show only posts in that category but it doesn’t work.
    An other question: is there a way to set filters on category non in frontend bau in backend so the user in some forms, would find only posts in that category?
    Please it’s urgent.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards
    Antonio Rossano

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Antonio,

If you only wish to display results from a specific category, then instead of using a filter with only a single option, it would be probably much better to simply configuret the plugin to include results from that category only. The linked documentation will help you with that.

The reason, why you see posts from both categories, because by default the filters are ignored when all checkboxes are selected, you can change that here. Also, since the ‘category 2’ checkbox is not there, it does not affect the results from that category.

If you only plan to display results from a single category, then then instead of the filter, I rather recommend using the solution linked in the documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Interskills
    Interskills
    Participant

Hi the first option work, but not the second: I tried with the swithc “Ignore checkbox filters…” in both ways, ON/OFF but it doesn’t affect the results: so the user cannot selecte the categry in which he’ll search. Please let me know it’s urgent.
    Thank you so much in advance
    Best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have logged in to check the settings, and when I disable that option, and uncheck the ‘category 1’, then I don’t see any posts from category 1 anymore: https://i.imgur.com/qSLChTt.png
    That seems correct to me. Are you seeing something different?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Interskills
    Interskills
    Participant

Hi Ernest It doesn’t work for me: when I’m in the page i linked and I search for “Genova” that’s a word in all posts in both the categories, inf I uncheck categoria 1 I still see (in live search) posts from categoria 1.
    Can you look at it please?
    Thank you so much
    Best regards
    Antonio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I forgot to save the options, now it should be live on the front-end.
    I’m currently not seeing results from category 1 anymore, when I uncheck it: https://i.imgur.com/li5RKCI.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Interskills
    Interskills
    Participant

Ok as this is a test site and i’m going to move everything on a production website please can you tell me what options did you changed?
    Thank you so much
    best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I only changed this single option: https://i.imgur.com/zpQ5H9e.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Interskills
    Interskills
    Participant

Hi Ernest there is something I don’t understand but I’m sure is my mistake.
    Ok, when I uncheck “categoria 1” I don’t see anymore posts in “categoria 1”, but..
    As I have only one category set in Frontend Search Settings ->Categories & Taxonomy settings why I see in search results from any category??
    I would give to the user the choice to see only selected categories in search… I hope my question is “understandable” but I’m not sure due to my bad english..
    Please let me know it’s urgent.
    Thank ‘u so much in advance
    best regards
    Antonio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Antonio,

Because the filter by default does not affect any other categories, only the ones that are selected for filtering.

If you wish to only display results, that match at least one of the categories in the filter, then try changing this option here: https://i.imgur.com/E0Aa483.png

That might better suit your needs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.