Filters / Facets on result page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filters / Facets on result page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 1Planet 1Planet 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    1Planet
    1Planet
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

once more I need to ask for your help. Your plugin is working just fine so far and the search results are super accurate.
    While I’m really happy with the live search results, I’m having some problems with displaying the results as a result page.

Following scenario: A user searches for a broad term, but doesn’t find anything in the live results (to many results because the search is to broad). So by clicking the magnifier icon or pushing return I can send him to a result page (result page of the theme or custom page).

Now I would like to show the results on the result page or custom page AND some filters (facets) in the sidebar to give the user the option to narrow down the results, but after trying several things I could find a working solution for that.

What I tried:I tried already sending the user to a custom page and adding the shortcodes for the result and filter box on that page, but it didn’t work. I guess its missing the result data to be “send” to that specific page. Another idea was to Implement the filter box / facets by php into the result page in my child theme, which didn’t work either.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out once again. Maybe I’m just not seeing one little thing, because both ways sound like they should work.

Thanks a lot in advance, Thomas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Filtering the results on the results page with the plugin filters is unfortunately not yet possible. It is on the long list of features, and I’m hoping to have it implemented in the next two releases. Lots of testing awaits though.

However if you place the same search shortcode to the results page as the one that the redirection is coming from, then the filter statuses should be remembered. Unfortunately that still does not solve the problem with filtering the results page contents.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

1Planet
    1Planet
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for your reply. In that case I will wait for the upcoming releases.

Have a great day, Thomas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.