Firefox search error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kickstarter
    kickstarter
    Participant

Not sure but the search is not triggering in firefox..

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by kickstarter kickstarter. Reason: moved access to private
    kickstarter
    kickstarter
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the proper details, it helped me a lot.

I have found the problem and fixed it. When the plugin was tryting to check which key was pressed, some other script modified the ‘window.event’ variable. The search tries to check this global variable first, as some older browsers store the keycode there. Apparently, another script (I don’t know which one), set that variable specifically on FireFox only, and the plugin recieved the wrong key type and key code.

I have made a direct change to the main plugin script file via FTP. I will try to incorporate this change to the next release as well, although the plugin is not the direct cause.

To have this solution permanent until then, please make sure to:
    – Have a copy of this changed file on your server: \staging\1\wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\js\nomin\jquery.ajaxsearchpro.js
    – And also, this option must be set to ‘Non minified’: https://i.imgur.com/FC5h2Rg.png

After clearing your browser cache, the plugin should start working normally.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kickstarter
    kickstarter
    Participant

Oh wow.. That was quick! I have applied your fix and it is now working! I have been trying to figure it out without any luck.

Thank you again for assistance and I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time if you shoot me an email 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.