Fixed search – Howto?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    liquidmedia
    liquidmedia
    Participant

Hi,
    first of all: awesome plugin! I love the amount of settings! Great Work 🙂

My question: On your demosite you are showing the search icon in a fixed position on the right side of the screen. I would like to use that on my clients site but can´t find anything about the how to in the documentation. Any hints would be appreciated.

regards, Oliver

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words!

It’s called “Compact box layout”, and you can read more about it here in the documentation.

It’s a completely new feature, so you might have to experiment a bit to get it right 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

liquidmedia
    liquidmedia
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. My specific question is how I implement the compact search to a fixed position outside any medu or footer widget, like in your demo.

regards, Oliver

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Please read the “Position and Size” subtitle on the documentation link I sent you. It’s exactly what you need.

All you need to do is place the search somewhere on your site and then turn on the Compact layout mode. It will be automatically moved to the side.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Additionally, if you don’t want to use a widget or shortcode on page to display the search initially, you can use the template shortcode and add it directly to your footer. The footer is usually printed through the footer.php file in your theme directory.
    More info on search shortcodes in themes here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.