Followup requests

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RelazioniDigitali
    RelazioniDigitali
    Participant

Dear Support,

thank you very much for the recent update for the custom fields in attachments, we found it very usefull.
    However custom fields in attachments don’t seem to work in the ordering section, if I create a custom field and try to sort my results based on that custom field it doesn’t work in attachments like instead it does in posts/pages. Is it possible to add the same logic to the ordering attachments?

Second question: is it possible to trigger live searchs on date filters as well as the other checkboxes/select boxes/slider ? If we pick a date from a range only clicking the search icon/button will trigger the seach. Just choosing the date won’t trigger a new filtered search.

Third question: is it possible to have in the front end the layout switcher for the results? The same switcher we can find in Layout options/Result Layouts. We found out our clients would love to be able to switch to the thumbnails view or to the row view depending on the search they need.

Additional development: is it possible for you to develop a new feature with of course previously a quote about the effort needed?
    We would really like to have a button that is able to download ALL the media filtered in that moment in the page and zip them in 1 file.
    For example: Our client filter some of our .pdf and through this button he can download all of them (filtered). We talking about attachments only queries.
    With a secondary button it would also be very usefull to be able to download a .csv index of the same filtered items as before. We would need a row list of all the media with the meta data associated such as title, creation date, taxonomies etc etc. Example :
    1 / test.pdf / lorem ipsum description / date1 / category 1
    2 / test3.pdf / lorem ipsum description / date2 / category 2
    3 / test3.pdf / lorem ipsum description / date3 / category 1

We would be very happy if you would develop this additional feature and of course we are willing to pay for the develop.
    Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. I think so, but I’m not 100% sure. I have noted this, and will look into it for the upcoming release.

2. This should actually work, I’m not sure what happened. Probably an earlier bugfix with the mobile triggers is the cause.

3. I don’t think this will be implemented, or at least not soon. The layouts are very different, in terms of their output HTML code, not only the styling. This would require the complete re-work of the results output to a different structure in order to work.

Development request: Unfortunately I cannot take custom requests, as support and further plugin developnent takes most of my time, even my free time. For custom works and customization requests I recommend wpkraken.io, they are a dedicated team, mostly made of plugin and theme authors. They might be able to help you with this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RelazioniDigitali
    RelazioniDigitali
    Participant

Hello Ernest, thanks for all your answers and for your suggestion about the custom development.

About the first two questions

– trigger live search when choosing a date
    – enabling ordering based on a custom field for attachments

can you let us know if those things will be fixed/added soon or (if the update is a bit far along the road) if there’s a workaround to make them work in the meantime?

Thanks again for all your time,
    Francesco

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Francesco,

The next bugfix release with these features is planned to release by this weekend. Unfortunately there is no quick workaround, I will try to release it as fast as possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.