- May 9, 2023 at 10:09 pm #42420
Hi! I just bought a new license for the plugin and usually never have any issues. However, when running this on a local installation (using the software Local) in my Chrome browser, i can’t click anything when trying to set up a new search instance in the setting section of the instance. What happens when i try to click around is that the page completely freezes for about 5-10 seconds and then i get a “page not responding” prompt. If i click “keep waiting for page to load” it unfreezes until i click something new.
It’s only when i click on the setting for the search instance that i get the error, all the other pages from the plugin work just fine.
I don’t get any error messages from the plugin, or errors in chrome devtools for any scripts not loading etc.
I’ve tried the following:
– do a clean install
– deactivate all my other plugins
– clear my browser cache
– deactivate my custom js files
– activated wp debug with no error messages
My solution for now has been to just switch over to firefox which isn’t much of a hassle, but i figured i might inform you of the issue.
I’m running version 4.26.2 of Ajax Search Pro on a 6.2 WordPress installation.May 10, 2023 at 9:42 am #42433
First just to make sure there are no 3rd party scripts making any funky stuff, please make sure that:
– No other plugins are active
– The default theme is active, without any custom code
If still no luck, then there are two other things to look at:Best,
– Browser extensions. Try disabling them one by one. I have had issues on localhosts when certain extensions tried to do their stuff, but the local domain made them fail.
– Local overrides. This is a chrome specific feature, and can be very very problematic. I had this same issue (although not plugin related), where I visited a certain site and it just kept crashing. I lost my mind to figure it out why. I had local overrides active, basically messing up everything.
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.