Front-end search Error After Update from 4.22.5

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Front-end search Error After Update from 4.22.5

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I am facing a weird issue. After the latest, the search stopped working. it is giving an error as attached. I tried clearing the cache and downgrading the WPRocket plugin as they all got updated together, but nothing worked.

I then downgraded ASP to 4.22.5 from my backup and it is working as intended with the updated Cache plugin as well.

So, 4.23 or even 4.23.1 both are throwing the same error as in the screenshot. I did a basic check, admin-ajax is working.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error is caused by an uncleared browser, minify or CDN cache. The older version javascript files (which must be heavily cached), while the response from the server is from the newer release – and the old version of the script can not verify that.
    This very rarely happens, as we don’t change the output significantly, but in this case we had to change the response delimiters for compatibility reasons, and the cached script from 4.22.5 and below will throw this exact error for the new server response.

If you clear all layers of cache – including minify, asset, CDN, page, browser etc.. it will resolve the issue for sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant

Hello,

The only thing that I did not clear is the CDN Cache. Will give it a try as well. I hope all goes well.

Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant

Hello,

Yup, CDN cache clearing fixed it. Thanks 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.