Frontend search : search by forum/category (bbpress)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Frontend search : search by forum/category (bbpress)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ilyessd
    ilyessd
    Participant

Hi,
    I have my website that has multiple bbpress forums and a search bar where the user can filter by different taxonomies but I also want to add a filter by forum. I would like a dropdown that displays all the forums such that the search results are only the topics that are in the selected forum. I could not find any solution to that, can anyone help me please ?
    Kind regards.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe you can use the _bbp_forum_id custom field for that: https://i.imgur.com/KF1HsN5.png
    That should hold the forum ID for each topic. You may have tod add the forum IDs and names manually, as that field I believe only holds the forum ID.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ilyessd
    ilyessd
    Participant

Thank you, that’s what I did and it works !
    However, if you go on my website and click on the differents dropdowns, you will see that they don’t have the same appearance :
    – The custom field called ‘Secteur’ has no CSS (it’s the default dropdown)
    – The others taxonomy filters called ‘Métier’ and ‘Nom de l’entreprise’ have a custom css with a grey background etc…
    Is it possible to make all the dropdowns the same ? I would prefer to make the ‘Secteur’ filter like the two others but if it’s too complicated it’s okay if they are all default dropdown.
    Thanks !

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

It’s only because that is a different type of filter, make sure to choose the searchable here: https://i.imgur.com/TVpG19t.png

That should do the trick!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.