Full screen search bar on mobile

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Full screen search bar on mobile

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    danielecelsa07
    danielecelsa07
    Participant

Hello, this is Fabrizio (I’m Daniele co-worker, he is the one who bought the plugin but we’re using it together in our website Here) and first of all I don’t have words to say how this plugin is amazing! Is the only one out there that let me achieve what I want to achieve, so thank u so so much!
    And if I can give a feedback I think is worth it much more of the price you ask for!

Said that, what I really really want to achieve (from mobile) is something like in this video https://streamable.com/ky0h9
    I mean that, on click, the bar goes on top and the result area become full screen.
    Would you mind to tell me how can I achieve that?

Thank you so much,
    Fabrizio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Fabrizio,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Well, I am not sure if this is possible without major modifications – but there are a few tricks you can try.
    I would start by creating a javascript event handler, when the plugin input is focused, then the plugin container is changed to a “fixed” position, with a 0 top, left and right value. Then another event handler would handle when the input looses the focus, something like this:

jQuery(function($){
    	$('.asp_m input.orig').on('focus', function(){
    		$(this).closest('.asp_m').css({
    			'position': 'fixed',
    			'top': 0,
    			'left': 0,
    			'right': 0
    		});
    	});
    	$('.asp_m input.orig').on('blur', function(){
    		$(this).closest('.asp_m').css({
    			'position': 'static'
    		});
    	});
    });

This will move the search to the top on focus, and move it back on blur. It should be a good start, but still you will have to include a detection for mobile devices, and make some adjustmends of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

danielecelsa07
    danielecelsa07
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Fabrizio,

Unfortunately I am not available for custom jobs. I usually suggest either wpkraken or searching for devs on Envato Studio.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

danielecelsa07
    danielecelsa07
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.