Fulltext not working, not showing good results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Fulltext not working, not showing good results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michaelvb
    Michaelvb
    Participant

Hello,

I have some problems with the Ajax search pro plugin. First of all, the fulltext is not working. Error message: MyIsam tables are disabled, fulltext search not available!

Second, the search does not seem to work properly. For example the term: Guess the Song gives no results, even tho I have this post: http://appcrushers.com/guess-song-levels-answers/

The term: Guess – doesn’t return any results even tho I have games like Guess the emoji, guess the song on the website.

Hope you guys can find out whats wrong.

Kind regards,
    Michael

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

In order to use fulltext search, you need to change the wp_posts table from InnoDB engine to MyIsam. But if you have less then 20 000 posts I would not recommend doing that, as you won’t see any difference in search speed or results. Fulltext search is more for advanced developers, I hihgly recommend not changing anything in the databse unless you are experienced with MySQL.
    You can read a quick guide about innodb to myIsam conversion here: https://rtcamp.com/tutorials/mysql/innodb-to-myisam/
    But once again, unless you are experienced with mySQL, I don’t recommend changin the engine.

As for the second isse, I will do a debugging soon to see why is that happening. The search might not work sometimes because of that.

Thank you for the detailed description and the proper login details, it makes my work a lot faster.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi again!

The second issue was indeed a bug in the search code. The problem was, that the search filters the results by category after the actual database query. After retrieving 15 results the plugin filtered all of them, because they did not belong to the proper category, so no results were left. I fixed this by increasing the results count to 30 on the general opions panel, so you should see the proper results now.

The new search version (3.0) is coming out very soon (3-5 days), you will have access to it as well on codecanyon – this issue is completely fixed in 3.0 in a different way. (so after upgrading you don’t need to worry about this anymore)

Thank you for noticing me about this, and I hope you like the plugin despite this small issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.