Fulltext search

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by sius sius 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sius
    sius
    Participant

Our Keyword logic does not work. The Option Fulltext search settings display the message “MyIsam tables are disabled, fulltext search not available!”
    What should we do or change?
    We use Theme Salient.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Could you please be more descriptive?
    What type of content are you searching? Posts, pages, custom post types, terms..?
    Which fields are concerned? Title, content, excerpt, custom fields?

Can you provide an url to a test or staging environment and backend + ftp details so I can run tests regarding the problem?

Can you also provide examples of the problem? (which keywords should return which results, etc..)

If the fulltext is not available, it’s a good sign – since keyword logic is won’t work in fulltext search mode. It’s all right if fulltext is not available, it’s not required at all. Most database hosts are not using it anymore.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sius
    sius
    Participant

Thanks for your answer!

We have tried in various areas like products (WooCommerce) and portfolio. But we want to use it only for Downloads. For this we have installed the Plugin “Easy Digital Downloads.” We want to use the Ajay search only for the Downloads and even there only in the search tags. The search engine works very well, except for the keyword Logic. Maybe we have set something wrong in the settings?!

Enclosed some screens and the settings (export)

…Can you Provide to url to a test or staging environment and backend + ftp details so I can run tests Regarding the problem?..
    Soory, not possible. If necessary we musst reinstall everything on a demo server.
    Hope this is not necessary.

Thanks for helping!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I see the problem now. “Aigen Lehen” does not match a single tag. Each tag is treated separately, because they are stored separately in the database.
    The search logic “AND” in this case means that looks for tags that match both “aigen” and “lehen”.

I know it would be logical as you described, and I have experimented with different approaches, but currently it’s not possible because of the following reasons:
    1. With a simple concatenation method the performance would drop extremely – by extreme I mean 10 to 1000 times slower depending on tags count
    2. The only applicable solution is to create a separate index table to avoid the previously mentioned slowdown at least on some level

The good news is that I’m working on an index table, which is going to be an optional feature and it will solve this and other logical issues as well. It will however take some time until I finish all tests and find the final and best structure – but this is going to happen sooner or later.

As a temporary solution I would do the following:

1. Create a post meta field with the tags for the downloads, for example with the name “search_keywords”
    2. Copy/paste the tags there as well, like: “tag1, tag2, tag3…”
    3. Select this field to search, instead of terms on the search plugin General Options -> Sources panel.

But of course after creating 1-2 you should check if it works as you expected, not to waste time.

This is good because it’s much less performance heavy as searching in terms, as in this solution, all the tag names are stored in one single field per post.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sius
    sius
    Participant

Hi, thanks a again for your great job.

Here is my question, thanks 😉
    We like to use Ajax Search Pro with different search instance which should only search in the posts and in different categories.
    e.g.:
    first search should search in posts and only in categorie “news”
    second search should search in posts but only in categorie “verkehrsmeldungen”

we try all, but we maybe to stupid 😉 The result always display all categories of the posts…

can you help by the settings for it?
    thanks a lot!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sius
    sius
    Participant

Any help or idea?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry for the late answer, I’ve been a bit busy releasing the new version.

I’m not sure, this should definitely work, the configuration looks all right to me.

I suggest downloading and upating the latest version, just to make sure it’s not something in plugin version 4.0. How to update.

Let me know if that changes anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi again!

I think I might have found something, that’s related to the new version as well.

Please wait with the update for 12 hours till it’s approved on codecanyon, I’m uploading a bugfix right now regarding category exclusions and stuff.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sius
    sius
    Participant

Okay, sounds great.

Thanks a lot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.