Fuzzy search and submit no results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Fuzzy search and submit no results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    boris
    boris
    Participant

Hi !
    Is it possible to have the “fuzzy search” results even if someone click the search button ?
    I explain, if I search a term with a mistake, the fuzzy search tell me “You mean…” and I can see somes results. But if I click enter I’m redirected to the results page without results… Is there something I miss that can do this or is it not possible ?
    Best regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Boris,

Interesting question. I had to look into the source to see if there is any simple way of doing this, but I’m afraid this is not possible at the moment.

I think it might be doable though, I am not a 100% sure. I will take this into a feature request and see what I can do about it in a future release. (Possibly 4.27.1+, as 4.27 is very close to release).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

boris
    boris
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    Thank you for your answer. Well I’m not surprise that is not possible for the moment 🙂
    I found a temporaly way to do this by doing a new get_posts() on the results page with a search param that take the 3 first letters of the current search… At least there are some results.

It will be awesome if you found a good way to have the exact results of the fuzzy search. I will look close on your release.
    Thank you !

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

boris
    boris
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    first of all, I wish you all my best for the new year !
    Sorry to bother you about that, but I would like to know where it is about my question ?

Best regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The next update is in the works, I’m not sure if this is coming with it – there are huge amounts of cahnges, so we need to be sure to have a stable release. Once 4.27 is stable and released, we are going to look at these additional requests 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.