GA4 event tag doesn't fire

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support GA4 event tag doesn't fire

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

We’ve followed the instructions to set up google tag manager but found that the ga4 event tag doesn’t fire at all.

Please let us know if you need access to our google tag manager.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tried to check the site front-end, but it’s password protected. .htpassword protection may actually prevent some google tag events from propagating – make sure to try without that too.
    Let me know the username/pass and I will try to check the front for the event triggers.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

I don’t see the tracking ID specificly entered. Can you please do that here. In this case it might be required as gtag.js is not present.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

We use google tag manager and the container is installed. We’ve other event tags successfully fired. Attached is when it doesn’t fire in this case and does fire in another event.

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, I have logged in to check, but the tracking ID was not entered. I have put the tracking ID here.

After saving I can see the dataLayer updating, and see the events now on the limited view on the tag manager too.

Clearing the browser cache should now propagate the changes to the GTM container.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can you please try switchin the script loading method to classic here, to make sure it’s not a conflict.
    After clearing the cache that should very likely resolve the issue, that is the only difference I see in configuration from the front-end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

Thanks a lot! It is now working.

By the way, in GA4 Enhanced measurement there is Search Term Query Parameter. Do they do anything in our case if we don’t have a separate result page?

I found that putting ?s=whatever after an url it’ll just put the word in the search input, with nothing happens

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

I don’t think so – that measurement triggers whenever a pageview is detected with those parameters present. The live search does not trigger pageviews (and it should not to avoid “fake” traffic) but events, so this feature has no effect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.