Get Document Expired when searching and then using back button

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Get Document Expired when searching and then using back button

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dameronc8587
    dameronc8587
    Participant

If you go to baxtercycle.com/parts and search 60-2331. After those search results come up, search the part number 60-2332 and after those results come up hit the back button on your browser and it just comes up with Document Expired.
    I disabled the Ajax Search Pro plugin and do the above search on the website and you are able to go back to the previously searched part number.
    Are there some settings in the Ajax Search Pro that needs to be set to fix this issue?
    Thanks for your help and time on this question.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by dameronc8587 dameronc8587.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m guessing it is because the search override method is set to POST, which sends all information in the background, but some browsers might not like going back to the source document when using this request type.

The solution should be very easy, just change this option to Get: https://i.imgur.com/Mm2DtSX.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dameronc8587
    dameronc8587
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    Thanks for your response and your time. I did make the change you suggested and it appears to still be causing the browsers (both chrome and firefox) to display some form of a “Document Expired” message. Could there possible be any other settings or other things to look at to try to fix this issue?
    I really love this plugin but really need to be able to have our customers use the back button when searching on our website.
    thanks for your time,
    Chris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Are you sure the option was changed? I just checked the search options passed to the front-end and it still says ‘post’. Can you please check it again?
    After the change, make sure to clear all the caches, and reload the browser by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + R buttons as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dameronc8587
    dameronc8587
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    I have tried with both GET and POST methods enabled and it still shows /?post_type=product&s=xxxx in the text with POST enabled and /?post_type=product&s=82-9222&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=Y3VycmVudF9wYWdlX2lkPTE5NzkyJndvb19jdXJyZW5jeT1 when GET is enabled. Both show POST in the url. When I disable your plugin and run the same search it shows /?s=82-922&post_type=product

when I have GET Enabled, it still give a Expired document warning when you search something and then press back on search.

So, no matter what option is enabled it still shows post. I have cleared cache and reset the browsers. The website works like it is supposed to with the plugin disabled.

Can I send you a testing login to checkout what is going on? If you dont mind?
    Let me know the best way to send you the login information and I will get that to you.
    Please let me know if there are any questions.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sure, that would be the best. In the meantime I have tried to replicate the issue, but no success, I’m not seeing this error on my test servers unfortunately.

You can edit your first reply to add FTP and back-end details, or mark your next reply private, or upload a text file containing the details. Each method is secure. However after finishing, I always recommend changing this information on your server, just to be sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dameronc8587
    dameronc8587
    Participant

Alright, you should have the login information for the site and FTP. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else from me?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.