get_value filter not updating

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support get_value filter not updating

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aspique
    aspique
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve a custom field filter: it’s a dropdown which value is {get_values}. The issue is that when we add new values into this custom field it does not appear in frontend dropdown: why this? Shouldn’t it be automatically?
    I tried to re-generate index and empty all caches but still not possible to show the newly added values.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    Tibor

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tibor,

I guess if you use any custom field API like ACF or maybe PODS or something else, it is possible, that the custom field values are not yet present in the post_meta database, until they have been used at least once in a post. They are requested directly from the database via a query.
    The values can be cached as well, as they are printed as the page content itself. Once the page/object cache is cleared, they should show up.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

aspique
    aspique
    Participant

Hi,
    Value is used for a post, so it is in the post_meta database. I cleared all possible caches but still it does not show up in dropdown.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aspique
    aspique
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!

Can you please also link me to a post which has a custom field, that is not within the list? I see there are a lot of values, but I don’t know which ones are missing. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aspique
    aspique
    Participant

It’s this post: https://lemessagerevangelique.ch/2018/ils-ont-perce-mes-mains-et-mes-pieds/ where post_meta custom field “auteur” = “Pages Guy”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, I think I managed to find and correct the issue.

For some reason ACF was not returning all of the choices with a specific method. I had to make a direct change to the functions file in the ajax search pro core to try a different method. I believe now it contains all of them. Please let me know if any is missing.
    If it’s okay, I will include this fix in the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aspique
    aspique
    Participant

Hi – Many thanks for this fix. Dropdown now shows “Pages Guy” so it seems to solve this specific issue.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.